Thursday, June 6, 2013

Yummy Rice Bowls - a plant based meal









Let me tell you how in love I am with my new healthier clean eating lifestyle. There is so much flavor and goodness that comes from it. It has relieved my arthritis in my knees and has made me feel whole. Not to mention the extra lbs that have come off. 
  One thing that was tough adapting to a plant based diet was recipies. Thank goodness for Pinterest. Even with it, it's hard to find something that my whole family will enjoy together. A staple I came up with is my Rice Quinoa Bowls. Using whole grain brown rice and quinoa with a medley of vegetables, you get all your vitamins you need to fill you up. 

Rice Quinoa bowl 
Use as much as you need to accommodate your family
Zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper in green and red or yellow or orange, red potatoes, red onion, minced garlic,  red cabbage or whatever other fresh veggi you can think of. Sauté the garlic in a tiny bit of olive oil then add the potatoes and red onion. Cook those for a few minutes before adding the other veggies. Wile they are cooking, have your quinoa and brown rice cooking along with whatever kind of bean you would like.  Dice up avacados. When everything is ready, layer your rice mixture on the bottom, add your vegetables, then avacados.  Sprinkle nutritional yeast then mix it all together. Nutritional yeast has a sharp flavor like cheese and is a great replacement for it. Salt and pepper as needed and enjoy!  You will love it!  I make it once a week and enjoy leftovers a couple more days for lunch. 










No comments:

Post a Comment