Sunday, November 4, 2012

Leftover- Rice Pudding

As the seasons change so do my taste buds. Summer treats start to lose their shine when fall and winter roll in. I crave warm spicy smells, chocolate, ciders, movies, socks and scarfs. So this now brings me to one of my favorite winter treats. Rice pudding.

When I make rice for dinner I just make a little extra for leftovers. This is great for a snack or even breakfast. Top with whipped cream or ice cream and you will die and go to heaven.

Recipe- Leftover Rice pudding
1-cup cooked rice
2 cups milk
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup raisins (optional). I always leave these out. They Give me the willies.

Add all ingredients to medium size pan and heat to boil on high heat. Once boiling turn to medium low heat and boil gently for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add raisins last 5 minutes. SUPER GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment