Friday, May 3, 2013

Homemade Chewy Granola Bars...um hello!

Ok. So this is super easy. Don't knock it til you try it. I did a couple years ago when a friend tried making her own graham crackers. Yeah, I'm her now. I wanna know everything that is going into my body and my family's. this only takes about 15 minutes and you probably have all the ingredients already in your pantry so it is like getting awesomeness for free. Who doesn't like awesomeness for free?
I'm hooked. We went through the first batch in 2 days so I would recommend making 2 batches or three if you have lots of hungry people around. I used a recipe I found on Pinterest and made some changes according to what I had in my pantry. With my new plant based diet lifestyle this worked out best for me and my family.

Here is the recipe:
4 Tbs butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup agave or honey
1cup rolled oats
1/2 cup coaches oats
1/2 cup kashi go lean, crushed
2 Tbs crushed graham cracker
Chocolate chips, or whatever other add in
Directions:
Melt sugar, butter and honey to a light boil for 2 minutes. Add rest of the ingredients and stir tel blended. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 the chocolate chips. Place in an lightly oiled glass casserole dish then sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips in top. Use wax paper or parchment paper to place over top and press firmly onto the bars. Cool 25 minutes or more. Cut and individually wrap. Store in air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment