Sunday, November 6, 2011

Binky Clip Tutorial

So this was one of the tutorials I hadn't erased from my photo gallery on my computer.  Now I think I will save all my tutorials just incase I have another hacking issue and have to delete my blog. 
Meet the Binky Clip.  Total neccessity. Wonderful. Cute. Life Saver.

Start out with a peice of fabric 2.5 x 9 inches


cut an 1/8 inch elastic into 3 inch peice


fold in half length wise right sides together and press.


fold your elastic in half and insert into one of the ends and hold in place or pin.


begin sewing at that end 1/4 inch Seam Allowance.  Make sure you leave a 2 inch opening along the long side for turning it right side out.


turn your fabric right side out


the press it out nicely


see how the elastic turns out?  Then do a nice top stitch 1/8 inch from the edge.


use your clips of your choice and thread the fabric through the designated loop/area.


sew it closed, and add your tag here if you have one.



if you don't want to use elastic and you have some velcro on hand you would like to use up, add an extra inch to your peice of fabric you cut out in the beginning.


that was simple right???  Super cute!!  These were such a top seller in my shop.  I got so sick of making them, but now I need to make more for my soon to be arriving Baby Greyson.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment: